Thursday, December 15, 2016

Social Response Paper ( Emotional Portrait - Overwhelmed)


“Overwhelmed” is the most meaningful piece I’ve made so far and also the one with most use of elements of design. This piece describes how I feel towards my life at the moment with use of symbolism and emphasis. It symbolizes fear, anxiety, and anger from past experiences. I named it overwhelming because of life events (wanting to quit my job, trying to save money for a car, where I plan to transfer to for other 2 years of college, my love life, etc.).  I realize there is more emotion to this piece than I made it to seem. I used harmony, line, and a color scheme based off emotion color wheel.  For harmony, I split the portrait in half to see what I was thinking in the mist of this anger and fear.    Line was used by the separation of art work, on the figures’ face, within the words symbolized as eyes, and dripping of color and water.   

Overall, the piece was my best representation of my emotions that are direct opposite from happiness and show some of my best use of elements of design.

No comments:

Post a Comment